Creative Arts Competition
Worldview is pleased to be hosting its third creative arts competition. ‘Community’ is one of our values and we are keen to see how creative minds represent this rich concept.
The exhibition and judging will take place at Worldview, 41 Station Road, St Leonards.
Categories: Painting or Photograph
Prizes: $250 for Judge’s Choice in each category; $100 for winner of People’s Choice in each category
Exhibition: Friday 4 to Saturday 5 August 2017
Announcement of winner and presentation of prizes: Saturday 5 August 2017
- The competition is open to anyone regardless of age, gender or nationality.
- If the entrant is under 18 years old the signature of a parent is required.
- There is no entry fee however entrants are responsible for all costs associated with delivering their work(s) to and retrieving them from Worldview.
All entries must be inspired by the theme Community.
- Entrants may submit works in the following categories:
Painting – maximum dimension 1m in either direction appropriately framed. A stretched canvas is considered framed. Works should be ready to hang with hooks or wires.
Photography – analogue or digital photograph printed on photographic paper or canvas and framed ready to hang. Maximum dimension 1m in either direction.
- Entries which do not reflect the values of Worldview Centre will not be accepted.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Consistency with theme and ease of interpretation
- Quality of execution in the chosen medium
- Entries must be the entrant’s own original work.
- Entries will be limited to two per artist.
- Entries will be exhibited at Worldview from Friday 4 to Saturday 5 August 2017
- The winner will be announced on Saturday 5 August in the Worldview auditorium. The judges’ decision is final.
- A prize of $250 will be awarded to the winner in each category nominated by the judges.
- Exhibition attendees may vote in each category for a People’s Choice winner.
- A prize of $100 will be awarded to the winner of the People’s’ Choice.
- Entrants agree that their art work may be published on the Worldview website with due acknowledgement of the author of the work.
- Entrants retain all ownership rights to all submitted entries. Worldview will not have any ownership rights to any works submitted.
- While every care will be taken to ensure the safety of entries, the art competition organisers accept no responsibility for the loss or damage of any art works.
- All entry forms must be submitted by Friday 28 July 2017. All applications will receive a confirmation email.
- All entries must be delivered to the Worldview reception desk at 41 Station Road, St Leonards, Tasmania by Wednesday 2 August 2017.
- All paintings and printed photographs must be collected from Worldview on Monday 7 August between 9am and 5pm. Alternate dates and times may be negotiated with the organisers.
To enter, please complete the Entry Form and submit to:
Worldview Creative Arts Competition
Post: PO Box 21, St Leonards
For enquiries, please email Denise at email@example.com